Stihl RotoTill attachment for trimmers... works well.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cuts, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

today I felt the need to purchase this..... as I was weeding a ton of beds that I really didn't feel like weeding by hand. It worked well.... better and more powerful then I anticipated. Did a terrific job tilling the soil....
    unfortunately the customer failed to tell me about the 2000ft of irrigation drip hoses throughout the beds. Tore em' up pretty good! :cool2:

$159 for those who may ask.... little pricey for me for such a simple attachment, but it got the job done and will come in handy in the future.

tiller.jpg

2. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Sweet! but i have a question. the hoses that you tore up did your insurance cover that?? or come out of your pocket?

3. Carolina Cuts

it was just a drip line for her irrigation.... she loves me... didn't sweat it. So, no, NOT turnin' that into my insurance.... not worth it.
    I have a couple hundred feet in my garage, so I'm just gonna patch a few spots....

Once I got goin' I didn't stop.... hahah now I got some extra work.... but it's all good.

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I'm sure he paid for it out of his pocket. You WOULD NOT want to claim this on your insurance. The deductible would be more than the cost of the dripline. Insurance is for major accidents.....only use it if that is the only option.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you tried the new blower attachment for the Kombi units yet? Between the rototiller and the blower, I don't know which is going to be the bigger seller. The customers down here haven't had any complaints about either unit so far.

6. Carolina Cuts

I don't have the Kombi set up. I just took the trimmer head of my 90, swapped it out with this tiller unit... easy swap.

I have a couple backpacks, so I don't think I'll need the blower attachment.

7. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

blower its not listed on sthils website any more info?

8. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Do you know whether you can put the dethatch attachment onto the cultivator attachment by replacing the tine?

9. Carolina Cuts

ya know, there was a dethatchin' attachment on the floor of my dealer, looked as though it mounts somehow.... but I didn't look close at it or inquire about it... sorry.

It just caught my eye as I walked in the door.....