STIHL safety glasses

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tstutz, May 10, 2010.

1. tstutz

tstutz LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Was at my stihl dealership today picking up some trimmer line and an air filter for my fs 90 and happened to see a rack of sunglasses made by stihl and picked up a pair of them for $10. They are z87 rated or whatever and they are also tinted to double as sunglasses. I think they are pretty nice for only $10. I was going to drop $100 bucks for a nice pair of oakleys but this might be the answer.

anybody else try them or see them?
  2. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have two pair of them.
  3. Differential

Differential LawnSite Member

Oakleys are closer to $200 by the time you pay tax. I've had a pair for 5 years now, and just the lenses are about $60, but if you don't lose/destory your glasses, they're really nice.

I've actually thought about buying the Stihl ones to help save the wear on my oakleys.
  4. Jhill19

Jhill19 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WV

I have a pair, some things have gotten around the lens before. they are decent for the price.
  5. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

I've got about 10 pairs of Stihl saftey glasses between the trucks. I like the feel and saftey rating. Good buy in my book.
  6. rain man

rain man LawnSite Silver Member

For $200.00 they ought to come with Annie herself.
  7. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

We buy them in packs of 4. It is the one thing we like from stihl. If you are not careful they will get scratched up.
  8. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I have about 5 pair. I just can't see paying high dollar for something I will likely either end up sitting on or scratching up so badly I have to toss them anyway.

Only Oakley's I've ever owned, I found on a hunting trip to OK a few years ago. :) They too, eventually got scratched.
  9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have a pair of the Stihl safety glasses...they are a bit wide for my head but I like them.

That being said, I never understood why anyone would pay $200 for a pair of plastic Oakley's....most are not even polarized! If you want a nice pair of glasses get some glass Costa Del Mar's. If they break Costa will replace or repair them for $10.
  10. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.