Stihl SG20 backpack sprayer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MGLawnCare1, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MGLawnCare1

MGLawnCare1 LawnSite Member

For whoever has a SG20, if you do not mind would let me know how you like it? I am thinking about buying one.

2. Ray_Lawns

Ray_Lawns LawnSite Member
    from NE AL

Love it on all accounts. It's comfortable to wear, holds four gallons and builds up some insane pressure.

3. Pro-turf lawn

Pro-turf lawn LawnSite Member

I've never had any trouble out of mine works great and does not leak like others

4. IMO all the major brands are good products. I own 2 redmax that have been great. I've used echo which are good and I've heard people say shindys are great.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MGLawnCare1

Thanks guys, I really appreciate. Looks like I am going to get me one.

6. MGLawnCare1

Well you answered my question I ask you in the other forum. Also because I ask I guess I should have looked at your signature. ha

7. JD997

JD997 LawnSite Member

I just bought one last week, $129.95, I am using it for round-up spraying. I like the set-up and the heavyduty construction, however the seals around the tube and the plunger on the handle are leaking, I tried tightening and this did not work, am taking this section back to he dealer today to get his idea of were to go.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You just bought it last week? I would take the whole thing back and get a replacement.:usflag:

9. stephen424

stephen424 LawnSite Senior Member

i own 3 of them. i prefer the stihls over any brand.

however, i just bought an Earthway S25 walk behind sprayer. This thing is really cool. It holds 6 gallons of liquid. You push it just like a spreader and it sprays up to 5ft wide.

http://www.earthway.com/product/sprayer/

it has cut my spraying time down by 15 minutes at least. especially when trying to kill weeds in an entire lawn

10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

What will you be spraying out of this backpack.