Stihl Shedder Vac

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slb917, Sep 28, 2004.

1. slb917

slb917 LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying one of these...Stihl SH85C..anybody use them and what are our thoughts?

2. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know how the Stihl works but I bought the Echo shred n vac a few years ago and it's useless. I don't see what they're good for , even as a homeowner or occasional use. Matt

3. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

I bought the SH85c about a year ago. I attached the suction tube/catcher
    the first day I bought it. Have not hooked it up since. Makes a nice little
    handheld blower,however.

4. slb917

slb917 LawnSite Member

What didnt you like about it?

5. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

We use our echo all the time on picking up shrub clippings, especially on barberry's [ouch!!]. it cleans up great in mulch & stone beds. I paid $200 bucks a couple years ago and has paid for itself over & over in labor.

6. ace56320

ace56320 LawnSite Member

:) i have had a stihl sh 85 for 4 years now. i use it quite a bit. i am very impressed with the power of the blower and the shredding capabilities of the vac. i would buy it again :rolleyes:

7. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

They work good on shrub clippings in planting beds.

8. mmacsek

It didn't suck clippings or leaves very fast. One little piece of mulch and it jammed up. As far as the other response who found it a real timesaver, you have the only one I heard of that does something meaningfull. I have an extra handheld blower that I keep in the stakebody. Matt

9. mmacsek

I meant I use it as an extra handheld. Matt

10. mickman

mickman LawnSite Member

i've had mulch jam occasionally,but if you don't hold it on the ground, it will pick up really good. You can let off gas, and mulch or stone will drop out.
    We do alot of commercial accounts and they suck up ciggy butts and little trash. It's like a little garbage disposal. Maybe you haven't played with it enough.