1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl sprayer tips

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rhf042, Aug 20, 2011.

1. rhf042

rhf042 LawnSite Member

Can anyone tell me or point me in the right direction as to if there are any spray tips for a Stihl SG20 or am i stuck with the brass one that come with the sprayer? Thanks>>>
  2. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

You're stuck with the one that came on it.

I have 2 SG20's. FIRST thing I did was replace the entire wand with the SP Syst. pistol; brass wand and brass tip.

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

All you have to do is get another spray tip

Like a flat fan or a AI they fit right in the place of your brass tip

watch i wouldn't use 120 deg spray tip i would use 80 deg or less

You can get some tips from Tractor Supply

Charles Cue
  4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Is it possible to put a regulator and new wand on these. The wand on it jusy feels like junk.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. rhf042

rhf042 LawnSite Member

i agree i hate the solo's ive had both of them decided to pop while they were on my back, but they have a good handle on them i wish stihl would do some investing on their handle situation on their spryers...i will check with TSC and see what tips i can come up with on another note how are ya'll replacing the hose handle combo on the sprayer I am having a hard time on cutting a hose on a spayer that is a few days old...Thanks guys
  6. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I cut mine before I ever put mix in it (on the 2nd one). I found out after 1 app. with the 1st one how big of a POS the wand that comes on them is.
  7. rhf042

rhf042 LawnSite Member

Just bought 80 degree brass fan tips from TSC worked like a champ...thanks for your help now if we can get Stihl to put a decent handle on the sprayer all will be perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!