Stihl trimmers and saws?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Jan 25, 2006.

1. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

I just purchased some used equipment Stihl fs 85, fs 55, and 015L chainsaw. What ratio do i used on the fuel. i was thinking 50:1, the guy I bought them from said 32:1, I thought that was a little thick. Anybody have these? Also is the fs55 a home owner unit? I didnt realize stihl made homeowner stuff?

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ive got a fs85r, its 50:1 thats what the homeowner model is and the saw should be that as well.

3. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

yes the 55 is a homeowner unit and yes i own one. 50:1 is the ratio that is sold by stihl and is all that is recomended.

4. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

The stihl site calls the fs55 a homescaper series. Oh well, it runs like champ and looks almost new. paid $100 for it. ill keep it for backup!

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a fs 55 and fs 85, both use 50:1 and the fs55 is a pretty tuff unit to be called homeowner, more like light commercial in my opinion but a good trimmer, Mine has 1 year full service and 2 years as a part time back up trimmer.

wayne

6. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I got fs85 and the fs55 I have had the fs55 for 5 years and have used it commercially for 3 years never a problem just plugs, gas filter and air filter
    had the fs85 1 year.