Stihl trimmers Vs Echo trimmers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by kebrowns, Oct 4, 2012.

1. sticklelm

sticklelm LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the run down! haha :laugh:
  2. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

Ryobi. My 1st fail. My first trimmer when I bought a house. Total POS.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i went back and made a correction

john deere is dodge and shindaiwa is hyundai

i think homelite is either a saturn, geo, or a gremlin.

i'm not quite sure on that one.
  4. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

You sir is brilliant.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

OK so here is MY rundown.

Stihl is Ford
    Husky is Chevy
    Echo is Toyota
    Redmax is Nissan
    Honda is Honda
    Kawasaki is Dodge
    Shindaiwa is Mitsubishi
    Homelite is Yugo
    Ryobi is Pacer

Yea we're off track LOL AGAIN!
  6. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

tried them all, stihl for me, second maryuama and shindiawa. I love stihl products, but they are right, its all personal preference
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

maryuama is a kia or suzuki
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

robin is subaru
  9. nozzy

nozzy LawnSite Member

I have used a lot of Shindiawa trimmers, stick edgers, and blowers. Basically zero problems. They start every time, you can run the hell out of them, and they will start looking old and tired long before they start acting like it. I'm not saying they are the best but I will say you will never be sorry you bought one.

I would strongly agree with the guy that said the dealer is more important than the brand though. Especially when you are a small company and you don't have backups of everything. The right dealer will take care of you when others will just throw you ticket on the bottom of the pile and get to it when they get to it. Getting to know the service manager of equipment dealer(s) is IMPORTANT when you are just starting out. Treat that guy like you would a close friend - even if he's telling you something you don't want to hear.
  10. ray4ausa

ray4ausa LawnSite Member

Hi,I am new to this forum but today I bought a new Echo SRM 225 to replace the old Echo SRM 210 I have used for the last 4 years. It worked great until the primer bulb broke, it has never run more than 3 seconds since replacing the bulb first, a carb kit second, and a new carb third. I just gave up on it. The new one is a "pain in the ass". The throttle lever is so hard to use when your hands are wet with sweat and keep slipping off the darn thing. The lever you need to hold down to use the throttle lever is very cumbersom and I will tape it in the closed position before using it again. I need to find out if there is another throttle handle I can substitute or find some way to make the thing easier to manuver with a single finger. After the first hour of use I was really annoyed with it's operation. I never had a problem with the trigger on the 210 model but it was more flimsey than the 225 model. I will make it work somehow I just hope it gives me as good service as my first one which had the old engine. That old engine seemed to have a little more "guts" to it and this one seems to lag a little with thick grass and small vines. Thanks, Ray