Stihl v.s Echo Attatchment system

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Allens LawnCare, Mar 18, 2008.

?

Stihl V.S Echo Attatchment System

1. Stihl

47.2%
  2. Echo

52.8%
  1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Who uses what....Likes, dislikes etc

2. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

It all mattters what brand you like. Now all we use is STIHL, yes i do own a ECHO but i only use it for a back up. The reason that I use Stihl is for my dealer that i have, he sells both but i just have a very bad taste in my mouth for Echo and it will never leave. Now they have tried to get me to use them agian (Echo). But they just lost it with me.

3. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

all the way.

4. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I went and read up the attachment option of both. Echo have dethatcher that Stihl don't have. I think that could be a very useful tool if you don't have a power rake or a Mantis. Stihl have the blower attachment which I don't think it make a lot of sense. Who in the lawn care don't have a blower and you can get a hand held for the same price!!

I trust the Echo engine much more than the 4Mix. The only 2 cycle Stihl is a Home Scaper series. Read the posts here on 4Mix.

5. GravelyNut

GravelyNut LawnSite Bronze Member

But the handheld blower will not have the power that the Stihl attachment blower has. Those that have tried them, love them. Airflow is close to a large backpack blower. Local dealership is having a hard time keeping them in stock.

6. yungman

from Calif.

That is good to know, thanks.

One thing I miss the most from both brands is a short reach articulate hedge trimmer attachment. I need a short reach hedge clipper and I don't want to buy a specialize one. Only option for me is Husqvarna and Shindaiwa.

7. GravelyNut

How short of a reach?

8. snowin

snowin LawnSite Member

look closely at the quality of the attachments.
    STIHL has a much better pole saw,edger and hedge trimmer.
    i own echo staraight shafts but for split booms go STIHL

9. yungman

from Calif.

I am looking for one that only have a few inches stem like the ones offered by Shindaiwa and Husqvarna. The only shorter hedge trimmer attachment is by Echo, but it is non articulate.

10. GravelyNut

Gotcha. It would be possible to use a piece of key stock that had the ends rounded in a short tube like the 18" one that comes with the edger ( IIRC ) only it would be about 5" in lenght. It would have to have a bearing of some type on it to keep the shaft from coming out. I'll ask the rep the next time she's down about it.