Stihl vs Echo backpacks

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I have heard great things about Stihl blowers and I think I may upgrade from my Troybilt. I have looked at the Echo PB 413 (Home Cheapo model) and I want to go today and look at the Stihl BR 380 D. Anyone use either of these. It will mainly be used for walkways, street and all my landscape beds, nothing to heavy. Which one??

2. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say the Stihl but thats my opinion

3. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Both are great brands. Difference is Stihl is only sold through authorized dealers, so in that case you will have dealer support that know their product well. Echo is great as well, but the model that you are looking at likely will not be sold by dealers. They will focus more on the commercial end of Echo products. If this is the price range you need to stay in, going with Stihl may be a wise move.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Whats the price of Br 380.

5. Capemay Eagle

Just came back from my dealer. The BR 380 is $349, but the BR 550 is $399 I think for the extra $50 and change the BR 550 could be the machine. I am going to take a ride out to another dealer to check out a few others..

6. John Gamba

from ct

I was going to recommend the br550. i just needed to know the price difference.There priced about the same everywhere.

7. Capemay Eagle

Hey where do you go in the Caribbean??. Just got back from Riviera Maya, Mex. 89 degress and humid everyday. It was nice, but I rather go back to Aruba next trip. It is tough coming back to 18 degrees :cry:

8. John Gamba

from ct

Ive been all over the Caribbean and the Bahamas.10 times:waving:

9. Capemay Eagle

Well I winded up getting the Echo 413. I had a gift card at Home Depot I forgot about and a 10% off coupon, so I saved quit a bit. This machine should be more than enough for what I need. I went out to another dealer I like and he was closed on Mondays for the winter. If he would have been open I probably would have gotten the BR 550.

10. John Gamba

from ct

Cool, good luck