stihl vz. echo vs. shindaiwa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbia, Jan 26, 2008.

1. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

What are the main differences in quality? Which one is best? I am getting a new backpack blower and string trimmer soon.
    Thanks

2. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge

(or in my case vs Toyota)

They all make excellent commercial grade equipment. Do some searches and you'll find endless arguments and testimonials for each. What does the dealer that serves you best sell? If they don't have one to demo ask for a customer's name and call them (from the dealership) to see if you can run one. None of them are terribly busy right now but they might be buried under snow. Which one feels the most comfortable?

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Do a search, its been discussed a few times before. Welcome to LawnSite.

4. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Yes You Are Talking the big three do not forget redmax. I have 3 sindaiwa eb 630's love them comfy for me . I have had pb 755 by echo nice blower but didn't think it had as much nut as shindy. only blower I have used that could match shindaiwa is the redmax 7001 and the 8001 which blew anything in its way.

5. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

Most performance at the nozzle:
    1. Shindi
    2. Redmax
    3. Echo

Most reliable/easiest maintenance:
    1. Echo
    2. Redmax
    3. Shindi (C4 engine)

Quality of built:
    1. Echo
    2. Shindi
    3. Redmax

The Stihl BR-600 is also a great blower to consider

Of course, the above is just my humble opinion, take it as such. :drinkup:

6. jeffslawncare

jeffslawncare LawnSite Member

I think shindaiwa is the best
    I only run shindaiwa trimmers and there blowers are the best that I have seen.

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Shindaiwa, Shindaiwa, Shindaiwa! I am crazy about Shindaiwa! I have used Echo (they're fair), and Stihl (they're better than Echo), but am F-A-N-A-T-I-C-A-L about Shindaiwa! Gimme an S, gimme an H....

8. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Guys who have had the Shindaiwa T230's love them. The T231's have a little less love....the new T242's....hardly here of anyone that likes them. I have run Shindaiwa trimmers and blowers for 5 yrs...which Shindaiwa trimmer is the best now?

9. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

After looking around some more, a lot of people like the redmax blowers. I am thinking about the redmax 8001. And will probably end up with an echo trimmer to save a little $$ over the shindaiwa and stihl to make up for the money of the blower. The trimmer echo trimmer will be a backup for my current stihl anyway. Thanks

10. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I know Shindi T272 T261 are very good. Are you as fanatic about their C4 stuff like T3410, EB3410 etc.? I posted a thread in Mechanics forum, after 2 days, one that actually own one wrote back. That is not confidence building!!!:dizzy:

I bought the EB3410 as my first choice because of the name and big engine, I am not sure I want to have those hybrid engines after finding out all the walve adjustment particular decarboning. THis hybrid engine is not as simple as the ones with separate oil like Honda trimmers. Gas mix go through the crankcase, you can't exactly spray water into the carb to decarbon the chamber. Frequent use of Sea Foam might not be a good idea. So using corrosive Stihl decarbon solvent or take it apart is about the only way. I think I would go for the Maruyama 30cc if I can do it over again.

*trucewhiteflag*