Stihl Weed Eater-pull handle is pain the neck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eakern & Dog, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

I'm getting more and more irritated when the pull handle gets caught under the gas cap and housing. Surely, this is not just PMS amplified by hours spent in the sun. Does this irritate anyone else or am I being overly picky?:laugh:
  2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

4 years with thousands of hours on FS80, FS 85, KM 85...of course sometimes, now and then, I have same problems but practice makes perfect.
    Try to lay shaft on trailer rail when starting, this way give you more grip and pull comfort.
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I finally replaced the rope handle with one that don't stick....a little small one!
  4. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Hold onto the handle and bring the handle/string back to the trimmer after you start the trimmer. Don't let it fly back
  5. Eakern & Dog

Eakern & Dog LawnSite Senior Member

Yea, I try to but for some reason lately, it is getting stuck and I would have sworn I did'nt let it fly back .......... I must be not paying attention
  6. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

mine does the same thing, the recoils on stihls are not that great and leave alittle slack on the string.
  7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

most everything about sthil is not that great.
  8. bladeheart

bladeheart LawnSite Member

When I get in a hurry or my hands are too sweaty the cord flies out of my hands and gets stuck also, heck thats about my only complaint so... I deal with it.
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Here's the answer.
  10. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

I've never had a trimmer that does'nt do this occasionally but you are not the only one that this really irritates especially if something else is already bothering you.:angry: