1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tharrell, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

My dealer has an fs 80 with a brush blade for $125, apparently someone needed some cash and sold it to him. It looks real new. Good deal?
    Also, a friend of mine has a brand new fs 85r. I couldn't find it on their website. What's up with that? Which one is newer? I'm assuming the fs 80 because it is on the website.
    I cranked the 85 and I kinda like the way it sounded!
  2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Someone correct me if im wrong, the 85's were not made in 2005, the 110 4 stroke took its place. THe only diffrence is the 80 has a cable drive and the 85 has a driveshaft and can run alot of accessories.
  3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

4. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

We have the FS80. It has been everything we could have asked for. A lot of power, very reliable, and great for edging. We use it when we're cutting brush down in a drainage ditch at a farmhouse we mow, and we use it on our everyday residentials. Quality product!

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree Mark, all my trimmers blowers and chainsaw are stihl and I have been very pleased, they do make a quality product IMO.
  6. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

PROCUT, we have been using Stihl trimmers for a few years now and when our FS55 went out, we picked up the Echo SRM260S. It is so light, that when I switch back to using the Stihl, I sometimes have trouble scalping now because it is so much heavier than the Echo. We got the Echo because they have stopped selling the FS80's and we wanted a trimmer similar in power and torque. If you are ever looking for another trimmer, try these new Echos.

7. MercyMe

MercyMe LawnSite Member

Echo SRM-260s trimmers here as well and they are excellent. We went to the Echo when Stihl dropped the FS-85 (dealer recommendation) and will never look back. Much lighter and better power.

We want to try the new high torque SRM-261T. We have heard from other LCO's in our area that it is an absolute beast.
  8. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Stihl makes a very good product. They stand behind their product. I would buy another and plan on buying onother in the future.