Stihl

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerUp, Mar 31, 2000.

1. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

I am considering buying a FS 80 trimmer. Tell me your experience and thoughts.<br>

2. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

GO TO SEARCH,TYPE [STIHL} IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

3. osc

osc LawnSite Senior Member

I have 3 with no regrets and no breakdowns after 1 full season.

4. ProCut Lawn Service

ProCut Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Have you looked at the new model that Stihl has come out with? Their nice. Lighter, more power, and I think they have a lifetime warranty on the clutch. The fuel caps dont have a vent hole, so they dont leak fuel like the older models. My dealer has a special intro price of $200 on them.<p>----------<br>ProCut Lawn Service<br>Lakeland, Fl

5. MowerUp

MowerUp LawnSite Member
    from NC

ProCut <br>You might want to see if this is the professional line. That sounds like the price of a homeowner version.<br>

6. ProCut Lawn Service

ProCut Lawn Service LawnSite Member

This is a professional model. The price is just for a limited time though. Ive demoed it at my local dealer and think its a nice unit. I dont know what the regular retail price will be.<p>----------<br>ProCut Lawn Service<br>Lakeland, Fl

7. If you plan on putting a blade on the the trimmer sometime you would be better off getting the FS 85 it has a solid shaft. The FS 80 has a flexible shaft according to the Stihl dealer here. You can put some neat attachments on the FS 85 as well, hedge trimmer, small chain saw head and more are coming out soon. My next trimmer will be the FS 85. Just thought I'd pass this info along.<p><p>----------<br>Richard @ Davis Total Lawn Care<br>http://townserver.com/dtlc

8. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have 3 stihl. The oldest is a 1988 fs74,never any problems with running, only bad oil-gas mix.

9. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

Pro Cut, what is the number on that new one? Is it the FS55? I was planning on buying another 80 yesterday on the phone and my dealer suggested this one or the 85 because of the attachments. The price on the 55=$199.99, the 80=$279.99, the 85=$299.99. All of these quotes are from my dealer and are for the loop handle, not the handlebar.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com

10. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

Oh yeah, I almost forgot..I love my Stihl FS80's, and will buy another one depending on my research of the new trimmer. Take DMC's advice and do a search on the subject..this exact issue was discussed a month or so ago, except it was about an FS 85.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com