Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shubble72, Aug 30, 2006.

1. shubble72

shubble72 LawnSite Member

i have decided on a stihl 100rx. I just need to know what i need to add a blade to it, i know they dont recommend it but im not good at following rules,,,hehehe Plus i just want it for some tough weeds.
  2. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck with that. You will potentially void your warranty and have issues with the cheap, hollow drive shaft and gear box.

They made the unit lighter by taking out some of the heavier, better quality parts mainly in the drive shaft and gear box.
  3. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

just buy a fs85 and fs200r or 250r the 85 you can put on a saw blade for thick stuff and 200-250 for big tall areas! i use a 110rx for a lawn trimmer you need more then one trimmer!
  4. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

how are you going to buy a FS85 when they arentbeing produced anymore??
  5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Why use a blade? I have always found a chainsaw does the work twice as fast... my guys fight over the 100 vs 110. Never had a problem with them.
  6. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

If you want to put a blade on it you need the 110r the rx model doesn't allow for blades, I have the 110r and it is very strong trimmer even in heavy brush with a blade the only thing is it is a little heavy for just mowing, I love the 85r that stihl stopped making it is light and had enough power. You should look at the 90r it's bascially the same trimmer as the 110r but costs less.
  7. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

Try the fs 130. Tons of power and there are about three different blades it takes. I can cut thru small trees with it.
  8. noseha

from MI

You Should Be Able To Get Fs-85r If You Look At The Right Places !for Some Real Good Prices!
  9. shubble72

shubble72 LawnSite Member

I dont care about the warranty, I just want to add a blade for minor brush and thick grass for a little bit then the rest it will be used just for lawns
  10. noseha

from MI

If You Feel That Way You Can Buy A Shaft If You Break Or Srcew Yours Up For $15-20