STIHL

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, May 29, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 4 hours on my stihl br420c magnum. I was using it today and it took 37 pulls to get it to start. :mad: When it did start it bogged down and died. I have NO other backup bp blowers and I did a lawn with 8"+ grass and it looks like %$^* I even double cut and still looks crappy. I am going to the REDMAX dealer sometime this week and seeing if they will let me do a trade. How much do you think they will give me? Have any of you ever traded into a dealer. The airfilter it still new. I am tired of this POS and am getting a REDMAX A.S.A.P.

Any input?

Thanks,

Chris

BTW: I am not trying to sell this I just want 2 know if any of you have done a dealer trade like this.

Thank You

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

How about you take it to the dealer and get it fixed?

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

No problem here with ours. :cool:
    Are you sure you know how to start it? ;)

4. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

The carb needs adjusting. Thats the only problem you have there.

5. lawncare3

I tried adjusting the carb but, I just made it worse because I nocked it off more.

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You flooded it. 2-3 pulls on choke until it tries to start. Then turn the choke off. I can start my BR 320 in 3 pulls, COLD. Good luck

7. Popsicle

Popsicle LawnSite Member

Ditto.

8. lawncare3

No, It runs for a sec and then just dies.

I did take out the plug and pull a bunch and then it still didn't work. :confused:

9. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

What altitude are you operating the machine at?

Your best bet is to take it to the dealer and have them adjust it or fix it. They know what they are doing.

I personally love all of my stihl equipment and have no problems starting.

Good luck
    Ryan

10. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I would take it back to the dealer, it has to still be under warranty. If you have the same problem again with another one, then tell them you want your money back. Or take another brand they sell. No reason to lose money by trading it in. Why would another dealer want to take something your having a problem with.

On the other hand, if it's just an adjustment problem, they may take it on trade for cheap and re-sell it for more.

I'd just take it back to the original dealer