Stihl's new backpack 4cycle blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Sep 30, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

I went into a new dealer today because they had some junglejim accessories. Upon entering I saw a STIHL rep looking at me and my buddy, saying are you guys landscapers???

We were like sorta, yah.. He then saids, what kind of backpack blower do you guys use? We were like its not that great..

He said here, try this one.. So my partner grabs the stihl blower brings it outside, and I look at it..

STIHL 4CYCLE - BR500

I was like uhhh what??? he's like yep, new blower coming out in april.. you guys are the lucky ones and get to demo it!

So then the dealer salesman comes outside, takes a look at my equipment and sees that I have the EB630 and saids good backpack blower eh? I was like, its not bad ;)

So we compare the Eb630 and the Stihl 500 backpack blower..
    $699 for eb630
    $729 for the stihl br500

the stihl has a foam and resisnator, freaking pretty quiet blower for 65DB.. its not as powerful as the eb630, but its very quiet..

Just wanted to let you guys know, that STIHL has a new backpack blower out and i think its decent, but I think I'm still going to get another eb630.. :waving: Stihl :waving:

2. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

Alpine,

Grey Dakota? I think I pulled out in the white and grey cabover while you guys pulled in this afternoon because I demo'd the same blower.

Scott

3. alpine692003

Ya man, was that you scott?

Were you inside talking to Keith?

4. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

I was just leaving, I had to pay for the 28EFI 60" Lazer, Ultra Vac and striping kits for both lazers. Keith and Bob wanted to see the new truck. While the Stihl was quiet I wasn't impressed much. The rep was a nice enough guy but no sales pitch he could give me would make me trade the Shindaiwa arsenal I have. I also do not work in Vancouver so I do not have to contend with ignorant city councils about to vote on a complete leaf blower ban in the west end.

Scott

5. alpine692003

Ya, I wasn't impressed with the Stihl backpack blower anyways..

EB630 all the way, unless CITY STUPID COUNCIL decides a ban on the backpack blowers.. WEIRDO's I tell ya!

;) ;)

6. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

$729 for a blower? Good God! That's gotta be Canadian but it's still a lot of money in good old US dollars. And customers wonder why we charge so much for our services!

So Vancouver is a beautiful city, lots of tree's. If they ban blowers, how is the city itself gonna deal with all those leaves. They gonna send out hordes of city workers with good old fashioned hand rakes? That should cost some money. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I can understand restrictions but outright bans are kinda stupid.

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

[

Just wanted to let you guys know, that STIHL has a new backpack blower out and i think its decent, but I think I'm still going to get another eb630.. :waving: Stihl :waving:[/QUOTE]

just for your information shindaiwa is coming out with a new blower thats twice as powerfull as the eb630.

the store manager at my shindaiwa dealer went to oregon and demoed it. he said that the power is unreal.

8. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Beware of Misleading Information....Rumor Was the New 4Mix Stihl had Specs that Would Blow Every 2 Stroke Out of the Water...Same w/the Redmax8000....Didn't Happen....

9. alpine692003

Yes, I demoed the STIHL 4 cycle mix blower 500..

its not that great..