stihls or shins,, what about husquvarnas

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jebbster007, Dec 24, 2003.

1. jebbster007

jebbster007 LawnSite Member

I love em, good start and last forever. and thay are light. it matters whaen doing big accts

2. Papa Wheelie

Papa Wheelie LawnSite Member

my Husky 385XP w/36in is a great saw, it will make fast work of almost anything wood. 6.2 hp, which is 0.4hp less than the stihl066 but it is lighter and has less vibration than the stihl, and all for about $300 less.

3. jebbster007

300 less, i know the saws are great, but i was talking about string trimers. but thats even better.

4. jebbster007

o yea merry xmas to all

5. Papa Wheelie

Papa Wheelie LawnSite Member

you tricked me
    anyhow, i love my husky string trimmer too

6. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used their saws. They are hell when they are well but they are often ill!

7. trimmer

trimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I have a husqvarna trimmer, I loved the thing until it started blowing oil out of the exhaust. That stuff gets all over my shirts and arm. It is only two years old. I had 3 Stihl trimmers but I had bad luck with them, one got totaled in an accident, one I lost off the trailer (my fault), and the other one got stolen out of my shop with rest of my 2-cycle equipment. I liked the trimmer though but it was hard to start.

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

the stihl trimmers are a little hard to start....however, that hard to start trend seems to be taking over in more and more stihl products latley. :rolleyes: