1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Still Cuttin?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLS, Dec 20, 2001.

1. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Is anyone still cutting grass? I went by this house to day and say this guy mowing his yard! I couldn't believe it, it's almost winter, and there's this guy cuttin his grass. Kind of unusual (in this area anyway) for this time of year, although I have seen some tall green grass in some places. Just thought that was interesting.

Ryan

2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I have 23 lawns that must be finished before x-mas
    I cut all year. 12/19/01 it rained all night then a sunny 80 degree day Most likey I will have 5 or 6 more cuts to ad to the list. It just never stops.

3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Yep, till a good frost, soon I hope....

4. script

script LawnSite Member

Rained Monday and have cut 18 since Tuesday, today being Thursday, and I have 21 to get done by Christmas. Have been cutting every other week and grass was pretty thick today at a few yards. The weather man says possible hard freeze for next week though.

Bobby

5. VLM

VLM LawnSite Member

Had a few last week and if we dont get some cold weather soon I'm sure I'll be back at it after X-mas, especially to my irrigated clients.

6. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Rye's down and I'm cutting'.

7. groundsguy1970

groundsguy1970 Banned

We mow year 'round here. We bid @ 42 cuts a year...:)

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yes, been mowing all week. Mowing around Christmas decorations suck!:cry:

9. MWS LAWN

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

Yes, we are still cutting here on the heavy fertilized yards(commercial accounts). Cold and very windy today, should start to slow down.

10. Cut my lawn today.

I know ther are others that probably do also. I'll look Sunday.