Still Cuttin?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GLS, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

Cuttin' Rye and trimmin' around Christmas decorations,it's nice to have winter work and rye keeps us goin a bit longer around here.

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Our mowing seasons are 28 weeks on average. Put my Toro WB up for the season on 12/14. Sure enough, customer calls next morning asking me to mow yard one last time!!! Never thought I would be dodging Christmas lights on my Toro!!!! Only 10 weeks til spring cleanups!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

Thank God for St. Augustine grass. Cut 3 lawns today. That S. A. is still growing. All those leaves falling make for extra clean up and mulching work.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

4. chicks-dig-lawn-guys

chicks-dig-lawn-guys LawnSite Member

man I did some this week and have more next week....it just aint quitin......I do like it though cause I have gotten Christmas Bonus's from people:D

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Here in Western PA we are having an unusually warm spell for this time of year. I'm doing a lot of landscape jobs, and most of my customers' lawns could use another cut. I've been seeing some other local LCO's out cutting as well.

6. CLM1103

CLM1103 LawnSite Member

We have had two nights below 50 degrees/ 80 + in daytime. Still cutting 15-20 yards each day and trying to mill all extension cords going to Christmas decorations.

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I did a final cutting/cleanup on my lawn yesterday.It has been a month since i last cut,right before T-giving,but the warm weather made it grow some,and since theirs no snow,I wanted to clean up the leaves,and liven up the stripes which were starting to fade after a month.It looks great agian,I cant believe when i cut it,the dead tips came off,and where i am fertilizing,the grass is nice and green.