Still cutting in KY!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MikeKle, Dec 19, 2007.

1. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

As soon as the snow melts I have about 7 yards to cut,I cant see they would need mowing,but I cant wait,I think the clients probably just want some fresh stripes in their yard for christmas! It is supposed to be around 54 degrees on saturday,So all the snow should be melted by then.I am really looking foward to late March.Cant stand it when there is no grass to cut!

2. Marcos

Marcos LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah...I've got to do some mowing too... In my OWN yard!

Because the @&#^* Bradford Pear leaves have finally come down !!!

Mulchulrama time!

3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I wish i could mow some lawns. I already miss mowing. We are burried in snow now and probably will not see the grass for some time. :dizzy:

4. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

It would be nice to mow but theres noway any of my clients would pay to have mowing done after theres been snow on the ground let alone its almost Christmas !!!

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

We haven't had any snow in Southern Kentucky but the grass is as green as I've seen it all year. Not overgrown but lot's of it could stand one more cut. It's going to be a Green Christmas here (not green cash though unfortunately).

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Funny the pears are dropping in our area this week.

7. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

so Lance you going to do some mowing? one more time ? We ahve already had iam guessing 16 inches of snow in 3 different storms 1 st 2 melted away after a few days but we have about 4 inches still on ground as i write this how far south you live Lance ? just came thru southern Kentucky 2 weeks ago on my way home from Tennessee and you are right it was pretty green

8. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

We are finishing up our last cuts this week for 07. All the lawns we overseeded with Rye are really growing, and very green. Even some of my Bermuda lawns seemed to have a little growth on them with all the warm weather we had been having and the little rain. We have our last visit on Sunday, 2 daycare center and its a wrap....We are suppose to get more rain, but hopefully we can make it thru.

9. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I like mowing, don't get me wrong, but this month I made as much money plowing snow as I would in 3 months of mowing so I will take it for now. BTW, I make pretty good money mowing so you know the snow is good.

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

No Chuck, I'm not going to cut anymore but I was just stating that there are some that could use it. They are growing ever so slightly, just enough to look a little ragged. I am on Lake Cumberland, about 25 miles north of Tennessee, or about 100 miles due South of Lexington, Ky. I've just been noticing that the hills are as green as Ireland driving around. It was so dry this Summer they really never had that deep green color like it has now, very lush looking. We were lucky enough to be South of the snow line this time but you never know.

Jamestown.jpg