Still getting covered with debri!!!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by AUWarEagle, Apr 11, 2008.

1. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

I commented on this last year....I mulch most of the yards I do and it does not make a difference if I use the wavy blades or the gator blades...I run the deck around 2/12 on some yards to 3 on the yards that have Zoyia. I get covered with debri out of the left side of the deck. Is there anything that can be done...or is there some type of Blow out Kit that is made for this...I have the 52" Mini Z. I NEED HELP!!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We still do not offer a blow out kit for your mower.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I had this problem on one of my mowers. I went to the Tractor Supply Store and bought a 4" wide flat belt that is used on a "hay bailer". I bolted it to the deck with 2" of the belt hanging below the deck. I cut vertical slits every 1" or so to give some flexibality to the materail hanging below the deck. Works like a charm.......

4. AUWarEagle

AUWarEagle LawnSite Member

PJ??? I can't be the only Mini Z owner having this issue...Hustler has not fix for this or anything in the works....There is alot of blow out on the left side of the deck and I know this was a issue with other mowers as well. Why is there not a fix for this on the Mini Z???

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That is a question for our designers / engineers and I will ask them.

Pj