1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Still going strong!

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by lawn king, Dec 21, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

This crazy weather has really extended our season. We installed 3500 sq. ft. of sod on cape cod last week. We picked up a planting for next week (ornamentals) and two driveways to dress with 27 ton of stone. Im thankful for this extra work as we are dead on snow work!
  2. lucky4511

lucky4511 LawnSite Member

we are still very busy also. still getting calls for bed clean ups and for leaf clean ups - people still wanting us to prune. With no more new calls we still have enough work to keep 3 people busy for at least another week and a half or so!
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Is anyone plowing?
  4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

LOL your funny! Nobody east of the mississippi is plowing. This December is a joke. I feel bad for the guys who depend on snow to stay alive during the winter.
  5. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Man i wish i were as busy as some of you. All the leaf cleanup jobs are completed and everything is paid for. Now i'm just waiting for the snow to fly. If it does come soon then maybe i will do some of the jobs i have lined up for next spring.
  6. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

We are trying to get another sod delivery for tuesday 1 2 07 if you can believe it!
  7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

were still planting away as well. did 60 shade trees last week and got some more to do. i hope it stays like all winter!!!
  8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we are totally swamped here...
    best december-jan. ever...
  9. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I saw some guys putting sod down today. WTH. its december 29th and we're laying sod. We should have 2 or three snow storms under our belts by now
  10. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

Nearly all of my client I picked up was in newly constructed subdivisions, so I didn't have many leaf clean-ups at all. This is my first year doing this professionally so next year I'm going to try to target more established subdivisions with more mature trees. This should give me more work during the fall and winter months.

Corrie A.