still got 6 in of snow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by G&Plawn, Mar 9, 2004.

1. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

still waiting for the grass to be visible. I ve been working up my letters to last years customers. I already sent out a prespring letter. I ve been working with the banks on getting some new mowers. I have also started my adverising but no call backs yet. i guess my question would be what else should i be doing????
    Man i m bored ad want to cut some grass and work outside soon.
    Thanks guys and girls

2. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

as soon as spring fever hits with a huge meltdown the calls will come

3. G&Plawn

G&Plawn LawnSite Member

To all of the north country LCOs how long of a season do you usually get im thinking May till the end of october maybe november for som leaf cleanup and winterizing. what do you usually get ??

4. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

started april 15th and mowed into the second week of november, which is unusual around here, the norm is mid/late october

5. kdmaint

kdmaint LawnSite Member

HA g@plawns still snowing over here in ohio salted and light plowing sun and mon night but should be warming up in no time I usually bill or set my billing for 30 wks of serviceapril 1 nov1 unless its nice in nov can squeeze 1-2 more cuts

6. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

we got 2 inches of snow today :) got more comeing tomarrow night

7. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

We are booked solid so far :D and they are still coming... now we are going to add another crew or 2.... :p

8. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

we start mid-march and usually run till dec. when snow kicks in

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

once you get that first warm day, snow starts to melt and the people can see the grass again, their minds will be in that mode and they will start calling, hang in their.