Still Looking

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dlm17, Aug 22, 2006.

1. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

hey guys i know there is a lot of experience floating around out there and no one has been shy before about what they thought, i just need unbiased thoughts on the possibillities of this amount of grass and whole leaves getting through the screen and fan, these pics were taken about three days after an engine failure
    REFER TO PICS IN LOOKING FOR EXPERT OPINION sorry i dont know how to repost pics it says they already exist and wont let me put them here

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Like this ?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

get some pictures that arent so close. We need to see everything in the general area.

4. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

More info on your engine(looks like a Kohler) would help and what kind of engine failure did you have?

5. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

sorry these are the only pics i have they were taken by the service manager at the dealer they are pis of a kawi 25 looking from behind engine to the fan with the shroud pulled back, the engine is otherwise intact these were taken three days after an engine failure due to overheating, this is gree st augustine grass and whole leaves can these things get through the screen and the fan at around 3000 rpm without being at least frayed, thanx for any input theres a long story that goes with theses pics

6. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

also chad off subject but where is holliday

7. ChadsLawn

Im like 2 miles north of Pinellas county on the west coast.Or like 2 miles south of New Port Richey.

Now about the screen. I have a Kohler and have never gotten any grass or leaves behind the screen. I would love to see that in person. I would say theres a defect somewhere on that engine thats letting all that into the fan area.

click the link then zoom away. that will show you about where Im at.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=1&latlongtype=internal&latitude=TEvBx2O3T0U%3D&longitude=D4IeI7dgMDE%3D&name=&phone=&level=ADDRESS&cat=&address=5248+Nancy+Ln&city=Holiday&state=FL&zipcode=34690-4131

8. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

heres some pics to give you an idea of how the jd is set up with evrything in place is it possible i also have an older jd, never happened

757 screen 1.jpg

757 screen 2.jpg

757 screen 3.jpg

757 screen 4.jpg

9. ChadsLawn

Mine is set up just like that. But I dont have that problem.. Is this motor under waranty still?

heres mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. dlm17

dlm17 LawnSite Member

well i thought it was that is what started this the dealer said it was not because i didnt blow the grass out of the cooling fins properly they said it was because of this grass i think they misdiagnosed and tried to cover up i just dont think it is physically possible for that to have happened also no pics of colling fins just a clump of green grass and leaves laying on top of the fan