still mowing in Pa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Stringblade, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Stringblade

Stringblade LawnSite Member
    from pgh pa

I think Ive cut off the mowing operation prematueraly this year. i usually stop for the season the last week in october.but with this nice weather im questioning myself as to why. I am still doing cleanups or at least waiting for the leaves to fall. is any one still doing the regular mowing routine in pa?

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My last cuts for the year are now underway! I will still have the mowers for leaves and suich but as of friday or saturday of this week, the mowing will be finished for the year! I'm located NE of philly.

Also, the leaves were kinda slow falling but after yesterdays large rain storm, leaf clean-ups will keep me pretty busy!

3. iblonger

iblonger LawnSite Member

I am doing my final cleanup cuts today. I did go to every other week after the end of October. Now I gotta get on them leaves (Man I hate leaves).

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I have one customer who wants one more cut. He wanted us to go until it snows, I told him we already got 4" last weekend. We stopped our regular mowing last week. I had a few complaints but I just told them I have to get ready for fall clean ups and don't have the time to do both.

5. Phil's Lawn Care

Phil's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Still doing my clean-ups, but will be done mowing by the end of the week.

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

This is the last week for us, other than a couple ambitious fertilizers.

Starting full leaf jobs this saturday.

7. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I have about 42 accounts, and have made last pass for mowing at 4, maybe 5 of them. There are still plenty of leaves to cleanup, but days like we have had this week, plus tomorrow, will help greatly. The peak of leaf work has certainly passed. With the good weather the past 3-4 weeks, I have been able to keep pace pretty well with the leaf fall. Many properties have had three passes, some four.

I believe the season is a bit earlier this year than others. Usually, I'm working full bore until Thanksgiving, hoping to get more work after the holiday. There are always some properties that continue to grow a bit, but the lesser maintained ones are pretty well depleated by now.

I still have three full days of trimming scheduled, but will not plan to work that into the schedule until the leaf work has dwindled.

I am very disappointed to see the season winding down.

8. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

every other week but still mowing....and leaves.....central pa area.