Still no calls...

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KB Klippers, May 22, 2006.

1. KB Klippers

KB Klippers LawnSite Member

I have had the ad in the paper for a week and put up about 20 color flyers at convenience stores and post offices 3 days ago...still no calls yet. This is depressing. I plan on leaving some black and white flyers in doors in my dad's neighborhood. Any other ideas for advertising?

kb

2. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Flyers at every door. EVERY WEEK. Get your name out. In a month you will be very busy- In 4 months you will be able to get rid of the junk and keep the gold ( if you do good work) keep hanging

3. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

go look for work, drive around and look at neglected properties and very kindly offer your services. ive done this and got permenant accounts. just dont be pushy. dress decent. and be friendly. show up and work hard. BE RELIABLE!!

4. KB Klippers

Are black and white versions of flyers good enough to drop in doors and on windows of cars? Color copies are high. I have posted the color copies in the more busy places. I will also save some of the color copies for commercial contacts. Also, what about the real nice neighborhoods? Most don't have storm doors. What's the best way?:dizzy:

5. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Black and white are cost effective... not to mention color fliers wont get more jobs then black and white...

I'd try to stay away from placing them on autos... this is not a good means of advertising... most people hate someone/anyone messing with their auto.

You'll just have to hit the pavement :walking: to get more business...

All Clear

6. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

Also.... Try rolling the flyer and using rubber bands to keep them on the door knob.

7. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

get a thousand door hangers made.

8. fulano

fulano LawnSite Senior Member

Forget black and white. Go for black lettering on colored paper.

9. KB Klippers

Great Ideas! You guys should go into marketing!

10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

You are very wise!!!!!. If you own your own business-- you are not doing that business, YOU ARE MARKETING. the widget does not matter, It's all about how you sell the widget

To bad more people don't understand this!!