still not ,been paid for services

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by bobo316, Jan 19, 2012.

1. bobo316

bobo316 LawnSite Member

i have commercial property that is always behind.ive got properties from august that i havent been paid yet.! does anyone charge late fees? I would like to be more business like, and come up with a proper form to send them instead of contract labor forms.is 15% too much after 30 days?

2. nortonlawncare

nortonlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

at the bottom of my invoices it states that any payment over 30 days is subjuct to a 15% charge, i generally never have a late payment, but before i had it on there i was always tracking people down..

3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

August?:confused: Really?:rolleyes: TAKE 'EM TO COURT!!!!!!

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Are you still performing services? Please tell me you have a contract on this job. Have a lawyer draft a demand for payment letter. How much are we talking about?:usflag:

5. B-2 Lawncare

B-2 Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have found that emailing works better than hand delivering.

6. bobo316

bobo316 LawnSite Member

its around $370, my business tactics needes a overhaul

7. bobo316

bobo316 LawnSite Member

its their contract labor forms i have to fill out,do i need to bill them differently?i know handwriting that on the bottom of form doesnt look very business like.what does your invoice look like?

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Payment schedule, late fees, service suspension, ect.... All should have been put in a contract and signed by both parties involved before any work was performed. Now its slow, over haul your contracts and business sense.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

Wow you let that go way too long. At the end of the year I still had a few people owe me money for cleanups and mowing in October and November. I made a simple collection letter based on one I found online. I sent them as a certified letter and received all my payments within 2 weeks. Worth the $15 in postage and now I don't have to think about it anymore.

10. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Better check with your states laws pertaining to this subject as well. It is illegal to just pull a number out of the air and charge them a late fee.