Still nothing??????

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Doc Pete, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, but this ridiculous. It's been weeks since I've gotten anyd email responses. All, and I mean all the other forums I'm on, including othe the lawnsites are giving me email. Is anyone getting email responses?????????????:blob2: :blob2:
    :blob2:

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

nope same deal here thats why i check the posts i made everyday.

3. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

No problem with mine.:D

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

mines working again

5. LSAdmin

LSAdmin Web Developer Staff Member

We unfortunately do not have much control on the problem, it is caused by AOL and is in their hands. If you're unhappy and want to complain, you may want to contact AOL as they are the ones responsible of the problem.

This is a problem with many spam filtering services, and AOL is not an exception: they set up pretty aggressive mail filtering rules which may in turn bring in several false positives (such as LawnSite), but do not have the resources in place to remove the false positives from their blocked lists.

We are still trying to get them to correct the situation and definitely hope that they will resolve this ASAP.

Regards,

Pierre-Luc

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

We miss you pete :waving:
    John

7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

John,
    What are you talking about? Pete could still post here. And he could check if anyone responded to his posts or threads by looking at whether there was the new message envelope icon with a black dot. He just wanted to have the E-mails sent as well like they were in the past. Luckily it is working for him again so he can stop whining about it here. ;) :)

Actually, thanks Pete. The same E-mail notifications you wanted to get also involved being notified about PM's. Since my pop up doesn't work here, now I'll know when I get PMs again (because I can't manage to remember to look at the bottom of the screen when I'm here). Also, as a moderator at Plowsite, now I'll hopefully start getting Reported Post e-mails again. So your perserverance has surely helped many here. Thanks.

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Its not AOL because im not on AOL and i only get responses from less than half of the ones i reply to. I did notice the new threads that i use the new reply box to i do not get a response from. Might possibly be a problem with that.

9. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Well, without some direct info, Sean never knew so many of us were having problems. Glad to hear (see) he got things on track......
    Yeah................
    Pete

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Pete
    I never said you where banned. You just havent been around since this email problem. :waving:
    John