Still P*$$es me off...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dr.lawn21, Feb 24, 2006.

1. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 LawnSite Member

although it's not a huge deal, but after sending out a sprin letter, one of my faithfull customers had this to say.........

"Dear Jeff,

I have asked a partially disabled man to do my yard work this year. He's already cleaned the yard. If anything changes I'll give you a call."

Like I said, it's not a huge account or anything but like my girlfriends always says....WHATEVER! :angry:

2. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

that disabled man wont be able to handle a hot summer so she'll be callin see ya george

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Screw people like that, WHEN they call back give em a nice HIGH price on your terms, have em sign a contract.

4. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

If the guy really is disabled have a heart. Be a human being.I lost two regular mow accounts three years ago to a mentally challenged man. He doesn't do a great job, the best he can and I'm happy for him. Sometimes we forget we are human beings first and foremost. One of the nicest human beings I ever met. P.S. some jerk called the town on him last year. Really sad.

5. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

it pisses you off that a homeowner hired whoever they wanted to hire to do their lawn?

hahahahahahaha man there has to be much bigger things in life that you could get pissed off about than that!

6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

i think its more of a principle thing.

7. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

No I think what pisses him off is that this customer doesn't care what their lawn looks like, and the fact that he probably worked hard to do a good job, season after season.

8. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I can see why it makes you mad. You've done great work, committed yourself to personal quality, invested in insurance, commercial equipment, and you count on loyal customers to help your build your business (refferals).

Then they disrespect you (even though maybe for a good moral reason), and it is irritating. If your a fly by night screw up its one thing. But a small operator that cares not only about the lawns but also the customers that own those lawns deserves better. unfortunately, sometimes that is the way of the business.

The main consolation...usually once the season begins you NEVER miss those lawns that didn't come back.

9. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

Bingo! Raise that price when they come back.

10. Olylawnboy

Olylawnboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Oly Wa

I"m with Henry, have a heart. You'll probably have to deal with the same situation often as the years go by. Don't let it get you mad and don't think they are being disrespectfull to you. They are just trying to help someone out.
    And over the years, I have found about 4 out of five call back before the first season is over. And the one out of five won't call back so they won't have to hear "I told you so". :)