1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Still picking up customers anyone?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Liendeni, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

Ya, I know there are some of you salty dogs out there that have more work than they can handle....so this thread is more geared towards the new guys like myself who are still trying to add new customers.

Anybody having any luck adding customers this late in the season....June?

I picked up three last week and I just picked up three more (in a the same subdivision....in a row) yesterday. No, this isn't a post to say, "look at me"...but I've heard a lot of talk on here about it is to late in the mowing season to be trying to advertise and grab customers.

I'm still having pretty good success. Anybody else having good or bad success this late?

2. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

yup.one or two a week for clean out then maintenance.

3. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

I Got One The Other Day And Im Still Advertising

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Two last week, and bidding on 4 jobs this week. It really hasn't slowed down for me yet. . . We'll see about July.

I am at the top of the list for several real estate agents, and they throw stuff my way all summer long, so I can expect a bunch from them every month throughout the summer.

5. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

hopefully, i will be adding more clients to my list, even though its june, but this is the beginning of the rainy season here. and people don't want to cut their grass when its smoking hot out. most times i'll get them to sign up for a yearly contract, but otherwise been steady. :dancing:

6. therealdeal412

therealdeal412 LawnSite Member

I just put an ad on craigslist today, hoping to get a few more customers

7. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still picking up extra work from my regular customers( mulch, hedge trimming, etc) that is extra money and still get occasional referrals or calls from old clients. So all in all, I'm staying busy.

8. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Yup! picked up2 last week on the same block.

9. Liendeni

Liendeni LawnSite Member

Sounds like everyone is still gathering customers. That is strange because most of the threads on here are "doom and gloom" type threads. About how hard it is....to late to advertise....and gas is to high to make any money in this business anymore. Glad to see some of you are staying busy and still gaining more customers. keep it up!

10. PushingupDaisies

PushingupDaisies LawnSite Member

k, so now the real question.....How are you guys getting new customers? Whats the trick? I think I am going down to get truck magnets today. What has worked?