1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Still think u dont need insurance?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pflat1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Pflat1

Pflat1 LawnSite Member

2. Elite LawnCare

Elite LawnCare LawnSite Member

WoW that is some bull S**T. Your tellin me that guy got that messed up from one fall? I guess it dont matter because he got all that money. I only cary 500,000 liability, does that mean they would come after my house and everything else being a sole proprieter?
  3. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Elite LawnCare

Elite LawnCare LawnSite Member

Yikes that blows. Defiantly something to think about! That's some serious stuff going on
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Every snow removal contractor in PA should cancel all their snow removal contracts, seriously, that is outrageous. At 79, he could have slipped on anything.

Makes me glad I don't do snow removal.
  6. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

His old butt probably drove himself to the bank too, putting all us good people at risk. I know that anything can happen in today's world but I thought we had already gotten through this BS lawsuit stage a few years ago. Guess it aint over. So it was snow removal and he slipped on a patch he didnt clear or what? For god's sake, the guy is a retired dentist. He would have to have been brain dead to not have a nice retirement by now. Probably just going up to the bank like all the other old people around here who have nothing better to do but stand in line and ask questions. The landscaper must have done somthing that they seriously found wrong. Sounds like he was a good guy, business owner and head of school board. That sucks.

I would find out where that judge lives.
  7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Its not the judge its it white trash juries that hand out the money in hopes that when their chance comes they will be able to " score big " too.
  8. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

next thing you know someone is gonna fall at one of our lawns and sue becuz we mulched that day or sumin else crazy. Guy sounds like he was alright.

I just dont understand people at all. 3million for a slip and fall!! Watch out wally world he we come.
  9. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

Elite - you should consider becoming an LLC to protect your personal assets
  10. B_gerrits

B_gerrits LawnSite Senior Member

Wow if I did snowplowing I'd quit immediately. A client may see this in the news and fall to. Here's what I don't get ice forms daily you guys that snowplow don't do a client every day do you? How is this guy liable, ice is an act of God is it not? Even if this guy fell right after a snowfall is this guy suppose to be there immediatly? If I was doing snowplowing I would issue new contracts stating that my company takes no liability if people slip and fall under any circumstance, no sign, no work.