Still waiting on CASE 465

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ksss, Oct 16, 2006.

1. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I am more than a little miffed. I ordered a CASE 465 in June. I find out yesterday that it wont be built until Oct. 19th. I wont see it until sometime in November. That will be just in time to push my driveway. That doesn't pay too well. I hate getting a new machine this time of the year. I had until today to cancel it. I debated that and ultimately continued with the purchase. Grudgingly I might add. I really don't want a first year tier 3 engine (machines built after Jan 01-07)and the low interest and extended warranty are a strong pull. Apparently the insentives offered have worked well for them. That combined with a manufacturing system that switches from CASE to NH in the same plant I think is the real problem. The machine I ordered has High Flow so they do all of the HF units at one time. All this adds up I guess to a 4 month wait. I will be going to the factory in November and plan on voicing my displeasure with this system for what that will do.:confused:

2. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I don't get why they're taking sooo long; you should be like a valued customer since how much CASE stuff you have already + you're a still growing company that will always be upgrading their equipment. :dizzy: If I was the CASE dealer you would've already had your 465 & between the time you ordered it and you got it you would have a FREE machine. I don't know what your dealer is thinking, from the list I see you have some newer equipment so I would guess they you have bought from them before, that makes it even more odd that they are almost not caring about you or your purchase. :hammerhead: :dizzy:
    Sell all the stuff and go CAT. :clapping: :laugh:

One quick question though how do you pull your Case 9020B with the GMC 5500?!? :confused: :confused:

3. NateV

NateV LawnSite Senior Member

Its not the dealers fault he does'nt have the machine, and why does everybody say switch to CAT?

4. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

They should have told you sooner that you're machine wasn't even being built until now. They might have been afraid you would back out of the deal. That's B.S. though. I'd make 'em throw in an extra jacket!:D

At least you're able to take advantage of the incentives, like everybody else. I get something in the mail about every two weeks for a deal on a Case skid.

I don't blame you for not wanting a first year Tier III. I always stay away from any first year engine. Let 'em get some of the bugs out.

Do you know how big of a role, if any, Cummins has in the Case engines? Particularly, the small dozers and skid steers? Ever since they started CNH it's become confusing.

By the way, since you're going to the factory, maybe you wouldn't mind asking someone about info on the 550 size K series hystats! Mainly, when they will be selling them, and what the specs are.:drinkup:

5. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Trucks are no different one of the owner operators I know ordered his new Pete back in May his truck isn't being built till sometime this month. He said to me Pete give's you a date when your truck is built. A excavation contractor was looking at buying a blade runner excavator I forget which brand but he was told there is a 1 year waiting list.

6. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

:laugh: feel your pain

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Kobelco builds the Blade Runners

As far as KSSS towing his 9020b, he has a tandem dump.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

qps I actually thought of you when this unfolded like it did. What comes around goes around kind thing I guess. It isn't the dealers fault, but they either knew or should have known when this was going to be built. I don't know why I wasn't told. Maybe cause they knew I would go "off" just like I did when I called and found out on my own what the deal was. They didn't need to give me a machine since I already have one in the form of a 95XT. This is my arrangement with them. They appaise my machine, in this case my trade is 29K, the clock stops. I have put 300 hours on it since they appaised it. I still get my 29K. So basicly I am running my own machine with zero depreciation. My issue is I wanted this machine on the ground when I could put it to work pushing dirt not snow. It really upsets me that I wasn't told. I am about as loyal as it comes to the CASE skid steer program. However, no one should have to wait 4 months for a skid steer. At least Tim's mini was coming from overseas, this is coming from fricking Wichita.

I will ask on the dozer sometimes when I go down there are Product guys from different lines there as well. I will see if someone can tell me about the dozer. They had called two weeks ago and wanted to fly me down on a four day notice. Couldn't pull that one off. Cummins has a big part in the engines. Eveco (sp?) is very much a Cummins/CASE influenced company. They are just built overseas. I was concerned after running 3.9 cummins and having good luck with them, I was not excited about them changing the engine. However I ran the prototypes in 03 and they ran harder than the 3.9s in the current machines. My 440 is an animal. They are more quiet, a little different power curve but still very much gets after it. However I don't want to take a chance on Tier 3 screwing that up.

9. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Not the dealer's fault for you not having the machine, but totally the dealer's fault for not telling you how long the wait was ACTUALLY going to be. If you say switch to Cat to avoid these issues, obviously you don't know what you're talking about. I waited 4 months for Cat buckets that were probably built here in the PNW...

10. 2004F550

2004F550 LawnSite Senior Member

ordered a gmc 5500 in march and it is being delivered around Oct 31, talk about a long wait.