1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stinky exhaust? try this.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Elite Lawn Care, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Elite Lawn Care

Elite Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Last night I was thinking about things I wanted to do different next year. A few of posts made me think 1: how much dust I suck. 2: How much Exhuast I suck in also. The dust is an easy fix, wear a mask, Looks to funny for me so I will not wear a mask. Now the exhaust, Hmmm...
    Currently I am looking at my winter project. Rat rodding a 34 International Pick up with a 454 chevy as the power plant.
    In my Summit Racin Catalog I came across this little product to at least make the exhaust smell better.

Would or has anyone used this product?

"The smell of victory has never been better!
    Why deal with the nauseous exhaust fumes from your race vehicle, when you could be sniffing root beer, pina colada, or bubble gum instead? Manhattan Oil fuel fragrances eliminate unpleasant exhaust fumes and the eye, nose, and throat irritation that come with them. Just mix them in with your regular fuel--one 4 oz. bottle treats 30 gallons of alcohol or 20 gallons of gas. Plus, they're available in 19 different fragrances."

Pina Colada all day instead of carbon... may not be healthier but makes it smell better.
  2. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Although I could go for some blueberry exhaust, I would not want to mess with the integrity of my fuel.
  3. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

umm, if you got addicted to the great smell, wouldn't that make you more prone to carbon monoxide poisoning? there is a reason why it smells bad....it's bad FOR YOU.
  4. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

Good point I wouldn't be surprised if a kid came up and sat behind the exhaust just to smell it for a while. That would be really bad.
  5. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Ditto^^^. It is supposed to smell bad (although I don't mind the smell).
  6. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

Some of the county trucks run used french fry grease, they smell better than plain diesel
  7. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

Stinky exhaust? I just eat better for breakfast.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exhaust smells bad??? I'll bet you guys don't like the smell of gasoline, either.:rolleyes:
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If your exhaust stinks then something is wrong lol!

No way I'd spend money to perfume up the beautiful smell of a highly refined (namebrand) premium octane on any portion of its trajectory between fuel tank and exhaust.

I'd consider some high performance ignition-related parts thou: spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor, coil, air filter.

Now if they'd only make something to refine the smell of the emanations I get from eating beans...
    I could handle that, say strawberry scented puffs.
  10. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Since Iowa is the heart of modified racing I've been around these products alot. About 80% of alcohol cars run this because the alcohol can be pretty noxious. They run it without any adverse effects, and these engines are alot more sensitive than a mower's.