Stirring up too much dust...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Indiana, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

Anybody get blessed out while cutting for stirring up dust?

I got from a crabby old lady yesterday while I was mowing a commercial resort area. She told me I was stirring up too much dust and that I was killing her grass.

We have not had rain for about a week and half so it's a little dry.

I told her sorry but I was working for her, I am working for the board of directors. She was hopping mad and made me hopping mad too.

I sure do get tired of some of these retired people that have nothing but time on their hands to gripe to us working people.
  2. deason

deason LawnSite Member

Had that problem once back when we were farming. See, all of our equipment had 8' chrome straight stacks on them. We were in a field by a mans house one day when he came out and told me that we needed to work the ground when he wasn't around. He said that we were too loud and we were a nusiance. So, we made it a point to only do this 40 acres when nobody was around....... at about 11:00 P.M. :D
  3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Try revamping your schedule so that these type properties are cut either earlier or later in the day to reduce the amount of dust.

Although her gripes are valid regardless of what we as LCOs LMOs think, dont forget that all that debris is doing damage to your equipment one dust particle at a time. :(

Just my .02