1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stock echo line

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by causalitist, May 6, 2007.

1. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

anyone know what trimmer line comes on echo trimmers when you buy them?

ive been using oregon, and thought it was good, but whatever type of line they have on em when you buy em is some goood stuff. i mowed for almost a month before i had to put more line in!! bump the head 4 times a day or less.

couldnt believe it, i want some more of it.
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

.95 Crossfire I belive? Some one can correct me if its not.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

.95 Crossfire is the stock line. Just picked up a new 261T today and that's what was on it.
  4. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I know it is the crossfire, but I think it would depend on the trimmer as far as the size. I also bought a 261T and the stock line lasted about a week. I like the crossfire line, but it's a little salty at my dealer. I order the Gator on-line for quite a bit less and have had great results!
  5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Speaking of line... I don't mind paying my dealers prices for trimmer line, but is there anywhere online that someone has ever found really good deals on buying trimmer line a case at a time?
  6. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sure your dealers will sell you a case!:confused: :confused: :confused:
  7. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

erm, just so you know I looked long and hard for spools, I bought the first 3 lb. spool full price but then found a slew more for like $12 each, bought 2 or 3 more so I figured I'd have some for a bit... Then I found out one 3 lb. spool lasts me an easy 4 years lol!

I found mine at a salvage store we have around here, just happened to have some, I go there quite a bit, never know what you find. The stuff's mostly brand new, comes from places going out of business / auctions, that kind of salvage.

You might check out J-Thomas
  8. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I know my dealer will sell me a case. I meant has anyone found a place online that will sell a case at a good price.
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

dont doubt there are good deals on .80 line as no one comm buys it
  10. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I'd check out j thomas or lanscaper pro, or instead of buying a case of 1 pound doughnuts get you a 5 lb spool from dealer. it is the best deal per pound here gotta pay tax but no shipping.