1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

stock up on fuel now!

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by nobagger, Sep 21, 2005.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Yet another burden on the American people and more dispare for Texas. They say gas prices will definetly reach the $4.00 mark this time. I think I'll buy a bunch of 5gal fuel cans and stock up. Yeah that will last about a week,lol. I think this time it will put some customers over the edge. Good luck everyone.
  2. nriddle77

nriddle77 LawnSite Senior Member

Let's hope the "experts" are wrong on this one
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Thats what i did today, im gonna go get a couple more of those five galloners tomarrow after cutting. This gas price thing is a real PITA! Good Luck!
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Well, you didn't think the oil companies wouldn't capitalize on another big one did ya? I bet the price of gas will go up in the morning just to play it safe for the oil companies. You know, just in case. :dizzy:
  5. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Its odd to me that we have hurricanes every year and I don't remember gas jumping up like it has this year. Pure American greed at its finest. I also thing the media causes a bunch of this crap to. They start talking about it before the next storm even happens then within 24 hours BAM gas goes up because we "expect" it to. And I'm just as dumb as everyone else, just went and filled all my stuff up, 125 bucks worth.
  6. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hoarding gas is only gonna make it worse..Just take what you need and see what happens.yes this could be very bad.... but the news always has a way of blowing everything out of proportion.
  7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Everyone said $3.00 a gallon gas would be here for months and It spiked and went right abck down in a week after Katrina. I just dont figure it will get that high. Even if some refineries get hit in the gulf, most of the gas getting brought to where I live west of the DFW area gets hauled in from Midland anyway. I saw $3.00 a gallon gas for about 12 hours a couple days after the hurricane and that was it. I really dont figure it will hit $4.00 but even if it did, its still not a horrible price to pay. Just drive a hundred miles less in a week and you wont have a problem.
  8. C&KLawnCare

C&KLawnCare LawnSite Member

Hell i tried to stock up this evening filled up my cans , started to top off both tanks on the truck and guess what. Friggen pump shuts off at 75.00 , dont even get 30 gallon . Same thing happend at sheetz with my 55 gal drum . 75.00 and damn pump stops . Bad enough the prices but now the &*(%^(*)^ shut the damn pumps off b4 ya could even top off a full size pickup . This means war :angry: :angry: :angry:
  9. HoffmanLawnCare

HoffmanLawnCare LawnSite Member

10. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I ran into the same thing a couple weeks ago. Pulled into sheetz with the truck and equipment about bone dry. Pump stopped at $75. Had to throw the card in a second time and get another $20. I guess from now on if I expect to go over $75 I'll just pay inside with the card. The pay at the pump system pre-approves your card for a certain amout, obviously $75 at Sheetz. If you need more than that, you'll have to swipe the card again. At least they've raised it to $75 now, when I was running some stations, the pre-approval amount was $50.