Stocking Service Trucks...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Tony Clifton, May 15, 2007.

1. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you have a standard stock of parts that you keep stocked on your service truck or do you just shoot from the hip?
    We are putting together a spreadsheet of all of the parts and minimum quantities that are required on our truck at all time. So far we are up to 107 items and counting, we are sure there will be things that we realize should be stock that we are not on the list yet.

2. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I keep meaning to make a list.... feel free to share yours

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I started that at one time and then just never finished. It's a good idea, but so is keeping a truck clean, always having the right parts and tools, always scheduling the most efficient routes, etc. We all have great intentions and then when the rush hits, everything gets thrown out the window.

4. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

we have every bin in the trucks labeled so we know where everything is supposed to be.

i bought one of those brother p-touch labelers, lazer on 3/4" wide tape so its
    easy to read.

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

ill take some pics of my truck that is stocked with poly...

1 inch and 3'4...
    we do all resi

6. I had a list like that once.......the list was only as good as the guy updating it......

When I had 4 techs.....1 of them would get it right...the other 3 would buy whatever the frig they wanted....

Hence all the fittings....and misc crap I still have left over after that business sold....sigh.

7. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

That is somehing that I would like to have...

But its still kind of hard when you are dealing with 4 different sizes of poly, 5sizes of PVC, and 3 sizes of copper, plus what ever other mess you can get your self into.

8. Tony Clifton

Tony Clifton LawnSite Senior Member

Here is what we have compiled so far. I have not organized the list itself yet, once I get everything on it, I will break it into sections, such as fittings, adhesives, nozzles, valves, etc.
    Well I tried uploading it, but do not know how.....it is an excel file, and when I tried uploading it said invalid file.

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Excel files are not viewable by all

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The important part of a service truck is keeping the crap removed from jobs
    from getting back into the inventory & re-using something that's junk; my
    guys have sure done it with solenoids!