Stocking up for the year

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by LawnsharkMB, Jan 13, 2013.

1. LawnsharkMB

LawnsharkMB LawnSite Senior Member

What are some herbicides you guys like to keep handy so you don't have to run to JDL every time you need to spray at a property?

Right now I have Celsius and Speedzone so the broadleaves are covered. Fusilade II for grassy weeds in shrubs. Need something to cover annual grasses and nutsedge. Thinking about Dismiss? I'd like to buy one or two herbicides at the most that is safe on centipede, St. Aug, and Bermuda since these are the only turfgrasses we deal with here in Myrtle Beach.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

How about Image? This can be used on most warm season grasses for sedge and grassy weed control with the exception of bahia.

3. Turf Logic

Turf Logic LawnSite Member

Why are you not using Celsius with a sedge treatment or celcius in general for grassy weeds? Mix in whatever sedge killer you want to treat sedges with the celsius and you only have to do one treatment instead of two. It works awesome! I generally use sedge hammer or Certainty. Save the speed zone for the cooler temps of the year instead of the celsius.