Stocks trading forum?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by topsites, Jan 27, 2008.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I have a new account on an online stock market, but after having played a simulator for some time I have to admit I'm pretty scared.

Is there a forum like lawnsite, but for stocks trading?

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Put your money in something safe. It takes years to know what the market does, what effects what and so on. Even with all of that experience you can still be wrong. Put your money in a prime money market account. There is nothing like compound interest. Hey man, take care.

3. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

If your risk tolerance is low, do as dKoester says. If you have risk capital yo want to play with, and your risk tolerance is medium to high, then there are plenty of sites to get started.
    Just remember these sites have traders that are out for their benefit most of the time and not yours. However there are some MBs that have good info. and some great technical advise that you can taylor to your own likes.
    Here is a site that your can browse and take some time to familiarize your self with.
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/default.asp

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I used to day trade in the winters. It makes playing high stakes black jack look like child play. If you have gambling $ and the heart for it, give it a shot.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

So it really is legalized gambling, they don't just say that...

Thanks for the advice guys, I think I'll stick with money markets if it's like that, and I'm not just taking your word for it but just from the little I've seen too.

6. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

what did you trade? small cap? large cap? short or long??

Over a 20 year period nothing outperforms the market... It sounds like you are just getting started. Buy the investor business daily paper and read William j O'neil's books he has done a ton of research on the market and I think he can really help a new investor learn what to look for while developing discipline which is essential to survive the game. You must understand the flow of the big money. Good Luck.

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

8. Frontier-Lawn

9. Frontier-Lawn