Stolden Dixie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russ, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

My best friend had his DC stold last night and ask me to post the info. He is offering a $500.00 reward for info. leading to apperhension of the thief. It's a 99 X2002-50. Serial #99-22124. Engine #2901907351. 20Hp Kohler 50" cut. It has a bad muffler and a broden gas cap cover. When it was stold it was on a converted boat trailer with a black truck tool box on the front of the trailer. the front bumper is mounted upside down and backwards. It was stold Wednesday night between midnight and 6 AM near Greenfield Indiana and the police tell him it will probably go out of state. There are a lot of members here who would hate to have this happen to them. If you see anything suspicious please contact Wendall Short at 317-439-747 (cell), or call the Hancock Co. police department in Indiana. Save the serial #'s. If these guys can steal his equipment they can steal yours. Keep your eyes open it could be an easy $500.00.

2. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

If I see anything suspicious up here on the north side I'll give him a call.
    I had a backpack blower stolen a couple weeks ago. I can't imagine someone stealing my lazer. Hopefully the thief will get caught and get what he deserves.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Eye seen sumone selding dat da odda day. :D

How the heck do you steal a rider?

4. Yall knew there would be an UL comment in here about that so you got it.

Sorry to hear about that....Contact all the repair shops and give them the serial number, it has to turn up sooner or later.

Also start an auction on Ebay about it, I think it costs about .01 cents, just tell em not to bid.

5. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

That's why you carry insurance if you are a professional. Go out and buy a new one tomorrow.

6. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like all of us get stolen from,turn your back for a minute and trimmer or blower runs off.Know a guy who had a walk behind stolen off of trailer,they lifted it over the side of trailer,his lazer was chained down w/b wasn't.Lifted it over side,in his driveway while he was asleep.Thieves work hard!-anyways sorry to hear about loss.I' ll eyeball all the dixies I see,you never know how far away it will end up..

7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I'll keep Bartholomew Co. covered. Post the model and serial number or email it and I'll even put up posters at the dealers if they let me.

8. Whatdefunk

Whatdefunk LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................spell check..................!!!!!!

9. Boy you're one smart cookie there Eric, read the 2nd and third line of the post.

Did you even read the post to begin with?

10. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

:dizzy: :dizzy: :D