1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Blitz Gas cans a first for me

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by nosparkplugs, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I am a little worried about my gas cans sprouting legs too. WIth gas at 3.50 a gallon, there's $20 in each can. Not only loosing the gas, but my favorite gas cans as well! I have a cable lock thru the handles, hooked to the trailer, but I rarely keep it locked. Suck a PITA when I need to add fuel to something and they are locked in. But I suppose the alternative, needing to put fuel in something and they are GONE is a lot worse! I'm going to force myself to keep them locked more now. Just too much money sitting there.

I agree, people are a lot more likely to steal $20 in gas over a $500 backpack blower, just because they know what the gas is worth to them.

2. nosparkplugs

nosparkplugs LawnSite Gold Member

I was getting ready to take the blades off my Walker 62" SD deck, and realized the thief's stole one of my impact wrenchs, had it im a tool bag in the truck bed, should have had the air wrench in the tool chest locked with the other tools.:hammerhead: The thief's left a bag full of deep well sockets? Just went for gas & air tool.

3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Great post...Love it! :laugh:

4. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

Yup. Economic determinism is bravo sierra. During the depression there were people who went without and would have taken death before lowering themselves to thievery.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

It may cost me more in downtime each day but.....I fill my 5 gallon can each morning and by the end of the day its empty....Im not gonna keep extra gas this year....just not worth it

wayne