Stolen Blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kppurn, Aug 12, 2003.

1. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I had a piece of equipment stolen for the first time today.:angry:

Someone lifted a Stihl BR 400 from the back of my truck when I was in a customer's backyard. Not a happy camper. I would love to find the sorry azz that stole it. I'd probably be nice enough to bury him/her with the blower, since they like it so much. ;)

Looks like I'll be getting a replacement tomorrow morning. Just yesterday I was hoping I could get another season out of that blower. Not now.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Its happened to everyone, at least once. Im up to 1 hedgetrimmer, chanisaw, and 2 edgers. all seperate incciednts. one 89 f150 also, but got that back. I know its no consolation, but the br420 has much more power. you will be happy with it.

3. Jay9437

Jay9437 LawnSite Member

Had two backpack blowers and one string trimmer stolen in a church parking lot a little while back. That cost me around $800.00 to replace. Its a bummer when that happens. Think it might have been the work of scrubs.:angry:

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

2 Chainsaws this week!:angry: :blob2:

5. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Mate, I hear ya.

The weird thing is that it's always the blower (for me anyway) I've had EB7650s walk sooo many times.
    What do they want with our blowers? :confused:

6. Primecut

Primecut LawnSite Member

2 blowers, 2 weedeaters, 1 shrub trimmer, and (2 years ago) my '97 F-150 4X4:( :angry: :confused:

7. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

I had my garage broken into and two redmax trimmers and 1 redmax blower stolen. Now I back my truck and trailer up in front of the garage door, nobody can get in now. Remember for those people who stole your blower what goes around comes around...

8. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

"What do they want with our blowers?" :confused:

Maybe they are tired of swinging a broom but do not generate enough profit (after beer and pretzels) to buy a decent blower??? :D

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I have been reading a lot of that lately. I live by one golden rule, what you give is what you recieve. I honestly hope they get what's comming to them. Admittedly though, I'm pretty careless with my equipment since I haven't installed anything to lock down my trimmers and blowers. I've been fortunate, but only by the grace of GOD. What do most of you use?

10. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I had a BR400 and a T230 ripped off BY THE DEALER!!! :angry: :blob2: :angry: