Stolen Boss

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ceaman, Jan 29, 2002.

1. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Stolen Boss
    I woke up this morning to find that sometime between 1:00 am and 8:00 am someone stole my 8'2" Boss V snowplow. It was sitting in my driveway with my wifes neon parked up to the hook up point. It has my company name and phone# in 12" bright teal green letters. Only two other boss V's in the county that I have seen and they are both really old.... one boss straight...
    I have no employees and was home all evening....
    it will be in the garage from now on....
    I put a padlock on the rapid tach for the first year with no signs of trouble. It has set at my fathers car lot on a state road. (advertising for snow removal in the fall) but at my home (in a normally low crime area) it came up missing.
    The insurance started saying this morning that it would be the end of next week or the early the next before they would have the claim settled. then the adjuster called this afternoon and said they needed to send the adjuster out to photograph my truck. I told him that he would be taking a picture of a snowplow that wasnt here.... and a truck that was..... then he said ill send the adjuster out tomorrow (im 100 miles away from the adjustor, btw) He called right back and said that he was just waisting time if he sent out for a picture. He is going to cut me a check in the morning....

2. I did it. Where do you live again? In Hawaii.

I'm sorry to hear about that. There are some butt holes in the world.

Doesn't that plow weigh like 750#?

Did they leave any scrape marks from sliding it? Or where they parked the truck.

Are there and distinglishing marks on it. Like your name welded into it? Stickers and paint can be done away with.

3. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

The plow weighed 800+ pounds.
    Serial numbers stamped in

The dirty neon had no hand prints or smudges.
    I notified Boss factory and area dealers of the theft & serial number.
    The police put the plow in the national databases of stolen property (NCIC & IDACS).
    The neighbor said she saw the plow at 1:00am still setting out front.
    I looked at the local towing co's.
    I will be watching the papers!
    I am the newest lawn care operator in the county.... I am sure I stole a few jobs and made a few mad but it sure wouldnt think it would justify a criminal act over a $20 lawn account!
    No former employees either.
    The local dealer called me and said that a truck with the same Boss mount was stolen yesterday 60 miles south of me.

4. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

Worst feeling I ever had , came home and 16 ft. with all my equip .was gone . If lo-jack was available around here I would spend the $$$$$$

5. King City Lawns

King City Lawns LawnSite Member

lo-jack?????????

6. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Insurance paid and I now have a new blade. it will be locked up inside from now on.... the wifes car can set out!

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I know how you feel. In December, I had 2 Pequea, 8X16 deck over landscape trailers stolen. Not only where they chained together, I had pad locks on the hitches, they were parked in a secure yard with cameras, and they were taken in broad daylight!

New these trailers are around $3000 each. Thank God for insurance. Hope you get your plow back and the cops catch the S.O.B.'s!!!

8. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

that's a device you put on a car ,truck , or piece of eqipment and if it gets stolen you call lo-jack and they can pin point it anywhere in the u.s.a.

9. www.lojack.com

Stolen vehical location device.

Lo Jack = Location of Jacked Vehical

They do have it available for small sized heavy equipment, and getting smaller for the real small stuff.