1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Equipment Alert !!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kh5150, Jul 25, 2005.

1. kh5150

kh5150 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

We had some equipment & items stolen this past weekend.

Exmark 52" Lazer Z 20hp

Manco Dingo dunebuggy cart (red) w/honda 13hp engine, front knobby tires are worn down flat. rear are like new, overall condition is very good. Should also have a "kryptonite" D shaped lock attached to rear drive chain area.

Anyone who thinks they might know who or where the equipment is there is a reward for information that leeds to the arrest and return of the equipment.

Call the Marion County Sheriffs Dept. to report any information.
  2. Illuminator

Illuminator LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. 11 years ago (at age 17) I had my entire first set of equipment stolen right out of my 4' high trailer, parked in front of my parents house. A honda comm. mower, trimmer, backpack blower, hedge trimmers, etc. The first thing I did after filing a police report was notify the repair shop that had done work on the equipment and had records of all of the serial numbers. They put an alert on those numbers as "stolen". I took out another loan and bought all new equipment to keep my new business going. Two months later I got a call from the repair shop letting me know some of the equipment had been brought in for service by another LCO! I sent the Sherriff over and they immediately took possession of the equipment, investigated the LCO which led to a huge black market sting of equipment that had recently been sold by some supposed LCO going out of business. Needless to say, I got it ALL back (and more, because I have an encouraging story to tell, not to mention I then had two sets of equipment to take on more work and start my first crew!). My suggestion is that everyone keep a detailed log of all equipment and serial #s and if let all of your area service centers know of the loss. I wish you the best success!