1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Equipment found in New Hampshire

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Digdug, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Digdug

Digdug LawnSite Member

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Authorities and Police officials must be very laid back there is that stuff has been missing for 10 years!
  3. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

that is crazy 10 years!! i hope they find more maybe they will find my 763 that was lifted off a job site 5 years ago. true skum do this. just recently a few machines were stolen in my area its getting out of control
  4. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Stolen equipment is hard to track, especially since we don't go around looking at the serial numbers on equipment and running them like we do license plates so the chance of us coming across a stolen backhoe is not as high as coming across a stolen vehicle. It's also very difficult to lift prints on a dirty greasy piece of equipment. Even when a stolen car is dumped we don't always get the people. Lots go undetected until we find them in the car itself.
  5. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Hopefully they can get the mastermind behind it. I think Case had/has an option to get a custom color for the skidsteers. I didn't think it was that much, would you go with a custom color if you could? Would that deter someone from stealing it?
  6. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

my bobcat salesman told me there's an option now to put a tracker in your machine..
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Thats probably smart, I'll have to ask my insurance agent if they offer any discounts if you have something like that.
  8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Yea it would be tough to identifiy equipment that is hot. Heck most owners couldn't identify their own machines if you put in a row of similiar machines.
  9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

When I have the extra money I am having Low Jack installed on my machine. It cost $750.00 but is money well spent.
  10. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

how do you steal a huge@$$ thing like that. who isnt gonna see that going down the street on a tractor trailer