Stolen equipment has it happened to you?

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Bennett scape, May 14, 2008.

1. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I figured that had to be $ value of stolen items, considering there are probably not more trailers than people on the planet.

2. ein999

ein999 LawnSite Member

i got robbed on and still do on a daily basis. i could go on but ill stop Right there.

3. Grasshog

Grasshog LawnSite Senior Member

It happens to everyone sooner or later.. I recalled once a buddy of mine was at a red light.. A couple of punks pulled up beside him in the turn lane.. When the turn light went green. One of those punk bstrd jump out of their truck grab two back pack blowers off the trailer and raced off. Now my bubby couldnt give chase them down cause he's loaded down with his euipment plus in the straight lane.

4. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

Hell here in st. Louis they have had two giant Komatsu machines stolen from the major highway renovation going on highway 40. the whole highway is just down for a few miles for the next two years. They stole these couple hundred thousand dollar, 40 ton plus machines in broad daylight. Just pulled up with a big truck and flatbed trailer and where wearing hard hats and drove off.

5. 4ngoods

4ngoods LawnSite Member
    from LA

One more on the list I was the victim today as I start my day secound house in the morning I went around the house and when I came back to my trailer to put my zt in it I notice to my left that something was missing My 7001 red max blower :cry: I hope the person that took it get's suck in the blower and died :cool2: lol basters so I went and got a new blower 30 mins later I got a maruyama so far I'm happy with it :drinkup:

6. GreenWay Grounds Co.

GreenWay Grounds Co. LawnSite Member

Yep, it happened within 20 mins. I was in Home depot for only 20 mins and my echo chain saw, echo hedge trimmers, and Stihl BR 550 GONE. Astards.

The cops said .... they sit and wait for contractors to pull up and walk in ... I asked ... then why don't you sit and wait for them? no answer... go figure

7. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

because they have other crimes to worry about besides the guys that are pretty much giving their stuff away to the crooks.

8. ccondie

ccondie LawnSite Member

I had a brand new Stihl Handheld blower stolen last year when i was no more then 50 ft away from my truck. after i thought about it there was another lawn co down the street when i showed up. i would be it was them. worst thing was that the lady i did the work for still has not paid me to this day. double whammy!