1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stolen Equipment showing up in Ohio

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Metro Lawn, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

There have been many thefts from local LCOs in the Metro Detroit area in the past few months. These are large thefts of equipment. Dozens of Zs and countless smaller stuff. Talking with my dealer, they said that some of the stuff is showing up in Ohio for sale. Just a heads up to those buying from this area. Check seriel numbers ect.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Theres been alot of theft around here. One dealer was hit up for almost 70,000 dollars in equipment from what I was told. They've been slowly hitting up all the dealers.
  3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

There is nothing lower on this planet than some scumbag that steals a man's tools that he uses to make a living for himself and his family. Hearing that kind of crap goes up my azz like a wire brush:realmad:
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

That is why horse thieving was a capital offense.

Steal my TV and I can cancel my cable bill.

Steal my tools and I don't eat.

Drugs and greed are wonderful things.
  5. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

probably ended up around here, if you tell me what you lost, i will gladly check the local pawn shops for you and let you know what i find, if anything....:gunsfirin
  6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

One of my subs just lost a Redmax 7001. He had 4 of them sitting at the curb and someone came along and took the oldest, most beat up one that was there. No big loss.
  7. DynaMow

DynaMow LawnSite Senior Member

Was talking to a local LCO about a month ago. he had all brand new equipment, trailer, 2 mowers, everything. He parked his stuff at his warehouse in Streetsboro, OH. They took trailer and all in middle of night. He told me that they found a warehouse in NE Ohio with a bunch of stolen equipment. But at that time they were still investigating, so he could not see if his equipment was there.
  8. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Made the local news, they caught the brothers that stole all the equipment from around the Cleveland area. They were a start up lco and found a cheap way to start up. They pinned a LOT of charges on them so they will be gone for a few yrs
  9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We have not been hit. The building we share is open 24/7, making it hard to hit. The stuff we have outside is video taped and set with motion lights. They seem to be targeting out of sight stuff thus far.
  10. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

well my buddy got hit last winter for his f 250 and plow. They found it 3 weeks later only because they stole a cop car. 57 plows 35 ford trucks 28 chevy trucks 20 salt spreaders. His truck was striped in side hood and tailgate hes on the west side of cleveland