1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

stolen equipment... UGH

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by cutn4alivin, Apr 3, 2012.

1. cutn4alivin

cutn4alivin LawnSite Member

Had my equipment stolen. Nothing like having to replace your equipment during a busy time of year. Since I have to start all over I was wondering if some of you guys wouldn't mind displaying some pics of your trailer mods that have made work easier for you. I might as well take advantage of any great mods while I am setting up new trailers. Thanks in advance

2. Gilmore.Landscaping

Gilmore.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

You lost the whole trailer? They just hook and go?

3. cutn4alivin

everything, they even went through stuff in shop. Lesson learned called camera's. I think it was a local landscape company scoping my business out. I am on the fence on whether to file insurance or eat it. Now days insurance companies look for reasons to jack your rates. I figured I should be open to others ideas on equipment choices and layout. I did just pick up a 2010 24/48 grandstand with 101 hours for 5k thought that was a good deal since I was looking for grangstands anyways.

4. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Thieves really p!ss me off, and I hope they get what's coming to them man.

5. Earth&Turf RI

Earth&Turf RI LawnSite Member

On the fence about filing? how much was your stuff worth....

6. cutn4alivin

tens of thousands, however my company is not just landscaping. We perform all home repairs and remediation. Therefore I pay over 10k in insurance not counting workmans comp. So I am not looking for a rate jack or claim on my policy. As funny as that may be to most. However when you have 2 E&O policies they pay real close attention to any claim no matter what it is. Does it suck yes! Nevertheless, I have to look at long term.
    I was hoping to get some creative ideas for new trailers but it seems to not be happening...