Stolen Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nature's Edge, May 10, 2007.

1. Nature's Edge

Nature's Edge LawnSite Member

Just started the business last year so still fairly new to the game. I tried to take all the steps in securing my equipment, locking trimmer rack, lock on trailer tongue, and chain and lock through the tires. All other equipment stored inside my garage. Thought I was pretty safe from getting things stolen form me! Boy was I wrong THIEVES stole my signs off my truck and trailer, and damaged the trailer. Just can't understand why somebody would want my signs other than to stop me advertising. Sorry just wanted to vent. Anyone have similar experience?

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Dang dude! Did you piss someone off?? That doesnt sound like theives stealing...sounds like Tony Soprano sending a message! Not to make light of the situation...cause that does stink!

3. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

Get vinyl letters! (then they have to steal your whole truck) h

Sounds like stupid kids rather than vindictive competition lol.

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that, your neck of the woods is a nice area, must be some jerks, no other way to say it, can't for the life of me understand why someone would do this, it had to have been done at night or when you weren't home. Did you call the police and report it? If not you need to. Good luck to you.

5. Nature's Edge

Did not call the police just didn't think they could do much about it. Vinyl lettering sounds like a good idea, whats the price on that? Everything happens for a reason just cant figure out what this reason is! I thinking about some how hooking my trailer up to a shocking device (hot wire) just to get some revenge.

6. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I had my 1 ton lawn roller, and trailer stolen last week. They put a chain on my garage door and tore the whole dam door off. Hooked up to the trailer and gone. Now all I have to do is wait for my insurance to pay me for the missing equipment and damaged building.

7. Nature's Edge

Thought I was down sorry to hear about. Good thing you got insurance!