Stolen Equipment!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by ARP, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

hide a switch behind the cab that cuts the power off to the starter, that way you dont loose all your presets on the radio.... you can thank me later :) lol

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Another trick is pop out a fuse or a relay, on some of the new equipment and vehicles, 1 fuse runs 2 circuits, and even just popping out a fuse to replace the missing one to start the engine will cause something else to shut down.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Someone wanted "that" bucket. I doubt it will be sold for scrap. I would guess someone stole it to go on a backhoe, otherwise they would have stolen the large bucket if the intent was to go on a wheel loader. Took balls to fire up the machine, load the bucket and lock on the other bucket, likely so that no one would immediately notice. You might find that bucket in the area on a CAT IT backhoe. It might be a good idea to let CAT know, hopefully they will tell their techs, they might run across that bucket on a service call.

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Damn good idea, i would be snooping around every heavy equipment mechanic shop.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

That's odd. Wonder why they put the other bucket back on unless they wanted someone at first glance to think machine was the way it was left.

I hope you get back your bucket and I hope the thieves rot in hell.. I have no sympathy for thieves..

6. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Sucks Andrew! Hope you find it.

That's why I like the codes on our Bobcats. Good luck guessing the code!

7. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry to hear that your bucket got ripped
    We will keep a eye open for it up here as well

8. Matteo30

Matteo30 LawnSite Member

Hey Andrew, Sorry to hear the bad news. I will keep my eyes open.

9. talus

talus LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry for the bad luck Andrew. I got the ocean state covered. It will give me a reason to stop and look at every machine I see now lol

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Andrew, sorry to hear that some people are just scum, but I agree with others they wanted that specific bucket for whatever reason. Hopefully you find it and you should be happy it wasn't the whole machine. That is what I have always hated about universal keys, for $10 anyone can get a key!